Tartines with Herb Cream Cheese and Smoked Salmon
An easy, modern version of the classic smoked fish brunch. The cream cheese is full of flavor from the herbs, and the toppings of shaved cucumber and radishes add a crisp bite.
Servings: 2 -4 servings
For the Herb Cream Cheese:
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chives minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves minced
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices good multigrain pullman bread lightly toasted
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- Salmon Roe
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Thinly sliced Persian cucumbers
- Lemon wedges
- Capers or caperberries
- Chive flowers
Place the cream cheese, chives, dill, basil, parsley, milk, salt and pepper in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix until well-combined.
Spread cream cheese on top of the toasts and drape a slice of smoked salmon on top of the cream cheese. Add a few slices of radish and cucumber to each toast, along with a sprinkle of salmon roe, if using.