Baked Chicken Thighs with Lemon and Garlic
A fast, inexpensive dinner shouldn't sacrifice deliciousness. We marinate chicken thighs in garlic and lemon and bake them up for a quick weeknight meal.
- 6 chicken thighs (boneless, skinless) (about 1 1/2 -2 lbs)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest about 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes or more if you like it spicy
- 3/4 teaspoon course kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a small bowl, add all the ingredients except the chicken and stir together. Place chicken thighs into a ziplock bag, pour the marinade over and mix around until all the chicken is coated. Seal the bag and marinate for a few minutes (or up to a day, in the fridge).
Pour the chicken and the marinade into an oven safe dish (an 8" x 8" is perfect) and arrange so chicken is in a single layer. Bake for 25-35 minutes until chicken is cooked through (an internal temperature of 165°F).
If you want a darker top, broil on high for a minute before removing from oven.
Let the chicken rest, covered with foil, for 10 minutes or so. Serve with the pan juices and some lemon slices.
- If you want a lot of sauce, cook in a smaller dish with the pieces closer together. If you like less liquid, use a larger dish and spread them out a bit further.
- If you like the flavor of garlic, but don't want to eat whole pieces, remove the crushed pieces before you bake the chicken.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 472mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 235IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg