Delicata Squash with Miso-Maple Butter
Delicata squash (or your favorite winter variety) roasted until deeply caramelized and glazed with a delicious miso-maple butter. It’s sweet, salty and so satisfying.
Servings: 4 side servings
- 2 Delicata squashes halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch inch thick pieces
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon miso preferably white (click here for Gluten Free miso options)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup honey and agave are fine substitutes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 scallion finely sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 425ºF / 220ºC
In a bowl, add the sliced squash and toss with sesame oil to coat. Spread the squash in a single layer on a parchment-lined or well-greased baking sheet and roast for 30-35 minutes, turning once halfway through, until lightly golden on both sides.
In the meantime in a small bowl mix together the miso, maple syrup and butter.
Brush one side of the roasted squash with the miso-butter mixture and roast for another 10 minutes until squash is glazed and brown (if you have any glaze left, you can drizzle it over the warm squash once it’s out of the oven). Remove to a platter and sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds if desired. Serve warm or room temperature.