Quick-Marinated White Bean Salad With Feta
Creamy cannellinis in a bright, lemony vinaigrette. Paired with briny olives, fresh cucumbers, tomatoes and feta cheese, and served in lettuce cups
For the salad
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large shallot finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 3 Persian cucumbers or half an English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2/3 cup Kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 5 ounces feta cheese preferably French or Greek, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1 head butter or Boston lettuce washed, leaves separated
For the dressing
- 1 small garlic clove grated or minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice about 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt few twists pepper
In a large bowl, add the dressing ingredients together and whisk to combine and emulsify. Taste for seasoning.
Add the beans and shallots, and mix well. Let marinate at room temperature for around 10 minutes while you prep the rest of the vegetables.
Stir in the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, herbs and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon salad into lettuce cups and serve chilled or room temperature.