The Monarch: A Brown-Sugar Bourbon Cocktail with Thyme and Lemon
Inspired by the sweet nectar of summer flowers, we created a cocktail using Brown Sugar Bourbon, combining its notes of cinnamon and nutmeg with added fresh thyme, lemon and elderflower liqueur. It’s tart, herbal, and beautifully smooth, luscious and very drinkable.
Servings: 1 drink
- 2 3-inch sprigs fresh thyme, plus one for garnish
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ounces Heritage Brown Sugar Bourbon
- 1 ounce Elderflower liqueur recommended: St. Germain
- 1 egg white
- Garnish: 2-inch lemon twist and thyme sprig
Rub 2 thyme sprigs in your hands to release the oils and add it to the shaker along with the lemon juice, bourbon, elderflower liqueur, and the egg white (don’t add ice yet).
Seal the shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Add ice, seal again, and shake for 7 to 10 seconds more to chill.
Double strain the cocktail through a fine-mesh strainer into a coupe glass.
Garnish with a lemon twist and a sprig of thyme.